Although you can’t prevent breast cancer, you can reduce your risk with healthy habits such as:
- Avoiding the consumption of alcohol on a regular basis. The more alcohol you drink, the greater your risk of developing breast cancer.
- Don’t smoke. Some evidence suggests a correlation between smoking and an increased risk of developing breast cancer.
- Control your weight. Being overweight also increases your chances of breast cancer.
- Be physically active. Regular physical activity can reduce the risk of many diseases, which, in turn, helps prevent breast cancer.
- Avoid hormone replacement therapy. Use of hormone replacement treatments during menopause is associated with an increased risk of breast cancer.